The latest round of NFL fixtures marks the rare occasion that a majority of away sides are favourite to take the victory.
According to TheLines, which tracks odds in US regulated sports betting markets, eight road teams on the NFL’s Week 6 14-game schedule are favourites, a rarity in the NFL.
According to a consensus of the region’s largest legal online sportsbooks — including BetAmerica, BetMGM, Caesars, DraftKings, FanDuel, PointsBet, SugarHouse, and Unibet – two of those road favourites are favoured by seven points or more.
The Los Angeles Rams are the first double-digit road favourite of the season, being 10.5-point road favourites in their game against the New York Giants.
Stephen Andress, lead analyst for TheLines.com, commented: “Home-field advantage is still an essential factor of every betting line in the NFL, but the advantage has narrowed in recent years. As a result, road favourites have become increasingly common. Still, it’s not often that the majority of the schedule features a road favourite.”
The consensus point spreads for Week 6 games, as of Monday, October 11:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-7) at Philadelphia Eagles; over/under 51.5
- Miami Dolphins (-3.5) at Jacksonville Jaguars; over/under 45.5
- Green Bay Packers (-4.5) at Chicago Bears; over/under 45
- Cincinnati Bengals (-3.5) at Detroit Lions; over/under 48.5
- Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts (-10); over/under 43
- Los Angeles Rams (-10.5) at New York Giants; over/under 47.5
- Kansas City Chiefs (-6.5) at Washington Football Team; over/under 55.5
- Minnesota Vikings at Carolina Panthers (-1); over/under 46
- Los Angeles Chargers at Baltimore Ravens (-3.5); over/under 50.5
- Arizona Cardinals at Cleveland Browns (-2.5); over/under 51.5
- Las Vegas Raiders at Denver Broncos (-3); over/under 44.5
- Dallas Cowboys (-4) at New England Patriots; over/under 49.5
- Seattle Seahawks at Pittsburgh Steelers (-4.5); over/under 42.5
- Buffalo Bills (-4.5) at Tennessee Titans; over/under 53.5